After your FREE consultation, the following treatments can be offered ...
At Refreshed Faces we use prescription only products. The product we use in our muscle relaxing treatments is Botulinum toxin. This is purified botulinum toxin protein and has been used since the early 1990s.
The main areas are:
- Forehead "worry lines" - formed when we raise our eyebrows
- Glabellar "frown lines" - the area between the eyebrows
- Crow's feet - the areas around the outside of the eyes. Wrinkles form here when we squint or smile
- Wrinkles over the bridge of the nose-bunny lines
- Nefertiti neck lift-tightens jawline and eliminates 'turkey neck'
- Dimpled chin
- Smokers lines
All procedures are carried out by a qualified doctor, Dr Cate Hopkins.
The treatment takes around 30 minutes. After the treatment the area may be slightly red and swollen, however you can resume normal activities and drive yourself home or return to work immediately after the treatment.Duration:
It takes 2-3 days before you notice the effects. The full effect of the treatment is achieved by 2 weeks. The results typically last for 3-4 months or longer (up to about a year after several repeated treatments of Botulinum toxin).Side effects:
Side effects of this treatment are rare, but can include some tenderness or bruising at the site of injection. In less than 1% of people treated with wrinkle relaxing injections, it can cause weakness in muscles near to the site of injection resulting in a slight and temporary droop of the eyelid or eyebrow.
All procedures are carried out by a qualified doctor, Dr Cate Hopkins, not a nurse or beautician.
The main areas are:
- Nose to lip lines (Smile lines) -the crease which goes from the nose to the corner of the mouth
- Smokers lines-fine lines around the mouth
- Lip enhancement
- Marionette lines- under the corners of the mouth
- Cheek enhancement
- Hollow temples
- Crease between the eyebrows (glabellar)
- Under eye hollows (tear trough)
Following a consultation with our Doctor, an anesthetic cream is applied to the area prior to the treatment so that any discomfort is minimal. The filler is then injected with a very fine needle under the skin surface.
The treatment takes around 30 minutes and the effects are immediate. After the treatment the area may be slightly red and swollen, however you can resume normal activities and drive yourself home or return to work immediately after the treatment. Vigorous exercise should be avoided for 24 hours.Duration:
Effects usually last about 6-9 months.Side effects:
Injection related reactions, these may include swelling, redness, discomfort and bruising at the injection site immediately after the treatment. These reactions are usually mild and resolve within a few days. The risk of an allergic reaction is extremely rare. Allergic reactions can be treated with corticosteroids or the product removed using an injectable enzyme.